Sunday 16 June 2013

Royal Three Counties Show - Final Day


Bright sunshine here on the Showground, and as I haven't yet 
mentioned horses, I took this around 8.00am
My last post from the Show here at Malvern; a beautiful day and the 'backdrop' as lovely as ever. Ir's been busy on all parts of the showground; I just wish I had been able to share more with followers of this blog. But if I sat in the press tent all day writing, I would have nothing to report!

from Busking vicars to glow-worms!
My Sunday collage is a mixture of what I have seen and done - Jack's Blog covered the farming side of things, though I have sneaked in a couple of animal images, and will post a final collage of farming pics once back home. Animals, plants, shopping, and not forgetting the Orchid Show (the plants middle right were grown by schoolchildren).

A true champion
But my abiding memory of the Show was seeing two very small boys with their daddy; the boys carrying sleeping bags, the father a picnic bag with thermos. It was Friday evening and they were going to spend the night in the livestock pens with their animals. Dedication, love and care surely sum up the farming community. What will 2014 bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment